South Berwick, ME
Favorite Class to Teach and Why
I enjoy aspects of teaching aspects of every class, and for that reason CrossFit is my favorite class to teach. The breadth of CrossFit programming means that within a single class you get to work with athletes on strength with a barbell, gymnastics, endurance, and how to bring it all together.
Why Invictus Boston?
Invictus Boston is my fitness home. I started my CrossFit journey here in 2012 taking an on-ramp. My journey went from athlete, to competitor, to part-time coach, and finally to full-time coach. When I first left my nine to five office job to coach full-time, I remember covering some on-ramp classes for Gino. I couldn’t help but reflect on the fact I had once been coached by Gino in on-ramp, and now I had the opportunity to be their for the initiation of other people’s journeys. It was a special moment. I’m grateful to be able to grow and develop in such a rich environment surrounded by such great people, coaches and members.
Brief “About You” Section
My love of sports and fitness has been a lifelong passion. This passion has included overcoming the obstacle of erb’s palsy. At birth, I suffered an injury to the brachial plexus nerve center, resulting in paralysis of my right arm. I eventually regained movement, but with limited range of motion and asymmetrical muscular development. Despite that, I’ve been able to compete in sports and fitness. Due to the limitations in my arm, anything involving the upper body will be a bit different for me, but I take pride in overcoming the challenge.
When I’m Not Coaching I’m…
Training, walking my dog, listening to podcasts, recording a podcast, reading, or playing basketball.
- CF-Adaptive Training
- I played every sport goring up, but basketball was definitely my first love. I played in school, AAU, and summer camps, even traveling to Belgium with my high school team to play. I was introduced to the weight room at a basketball camp at fourteen. I was never the strongest, but I loved the opportunity to put in more hard work.
- Featured athlete by CrossFit Adaptive Training, I Am Adaptive, and Dragon Door publications
- First Adaptive Athlete to compete in the Southie Showdown
- Completed all CrossFit Open workouts as prescribed as an adaptive athlete
- Ran a 4:57 Mile
- Co-host of the Around the Box Podcast
- Guest on the WODcast Podcast