Need a healthy brunch recipe idea? We’ve got you covered with this easy shakshuka recipe:
- Avocado oil (for the pan)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 (28oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas (optional)
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for five minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook an additional minute.
- Pour the can of tomatoes and juice into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how it came out by tagging us on Instagram @invictusboston_nutrition.
Want to get started with our nutrition program? Click here